Connects are member-requested, small group discussion calls focused on your IT topic. These calls are vendor-free and allow you to address your company’s challenges by leveraging the knowledge and experience of your peers. An IMF member would like to speak with other large corporations that have a formal and defined process around both Change and Release in IT Service Management. Focus areas include:
Reviewing approval of change as well as release in relation to the lifecycle of a change versus the lifecycle of a release
- How many times can a change go the CAB?
- If a change is not prepared properly will you reject it until the next release?
- What lifecycle or stage do you use for Change approvals?
- Do you breakout in alignment with SDLC such as permission to build, permission to deploy and permission to close?
Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
- What are the one or two key measures you are using for both Change and Release Management to show their effectiveness?
- What key measures are you using to show the advancement of the process in terms of compliance, performance, quality and value?
- What T-Minus dates do you use for changes to be fully populated and approved for a release?
Roles and Responsibilities
- Where does Release Management reside in your organization?
- What activities does your Release Manager do?
Release and Change Categories
- What are your release and change categories (i.e. Major, Minor etc.)?
- Do you categorize you changes in advance of execution for validation purposes?
If you have experience in this area or are simply interested in learning more, join the discussion! It’s scheduled for Tuesday June 11th at 2:00 PM EST. Members can register by logging into TheIMF.com and visiting our Events page.